ALA Industries and COVID-19
ALA INDUSTRIES IS DEEMED AN “ESSENTIAL BUSINESS AND OPERATION” AS DEFINED BY EXECUTIVE ORDER 20-08 “DIRECTIVE FOR HOOSIERS TO STAY AT HOME.” SIGNED BY INDIANA GOVERNOR ERIC J HOLCOMB ON MARCH 23, 2020.
Section 14: P, “Businesses that sell, manufacture, and/or supply other Essential Businesses and Operations with the support or materials necessary to operate.”
Section 14: U, “Manufacturing companies, distributors, and supply chain company producing and supplying essential products and services in and for industries.”
The intent of this notification “is to ensure that the maximum number of people self-isolate in their homes or residence to the maximum extent feasible, while also enabling essential services to continue, to slow the spread of COVID-19 to the greatest extent possible.”
ALA Industries Limited will maintain “Minimum Basic Operations” through the following actions:
- Social Distancing: All employees, to the extent where possible, will “maintain at least six-fee of social distance from other individuals.”
- Hand washing: All employees and visitors are encouraged to “wash hands with soap and water for at least twenty seconds as frequently as possible or use hand sanitizer, covering coughs or sneezes, regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces, and not shaking hands.”
- Cleaning of common surfaces: Regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces will be performed. Disposable wipes will be made readily available “so that commonly used surfaces can be wiped down by employees before each use.”
- Working from home: Where possible and feasible, employees will be encouraged to work remotely from their residences.
- Rotating shifts: Employees will be scheduled on rotating shifts to limit the number of employees in any given workspace, ensuring proper and adequate staffing for all departments to maintain capacity shipping and distribution.
- Stay at home: Any employee who is sick or displaying symptoms of illness will be encouraged “to stay home until they are free of fever (without the use of medication) for at least 72 hours AND at least seven days have passed since the first symptoms began.”
- Education: ALA Industries will “reinforce key messages to all employees (including stay home when sick, use cough and sneeze etiquette, and practice hand hygiene).”
ALA Industries will be “prepared to change business practices, if needed, in order to maintain critical operations.”
- We remain readily available to help you address any specific concerns. Our Inside Sales and Outside Sales teams, accounting and shipping departments are all functioning without disruption.
- We are asking our suppliers and customers to limit their visits to our facilities in Portage, Indiana whenever possible as we are committed to maintaining a safe working environment for all of our employees.
- We will employ available technologies to provide remote assistance wherever possible.
- We maintain our internet websites (www.yuken-usa.com, www.alaindustrieslimited.com and www.grh-usa.com) with the latest and up to date inventory, pricing and specification documentation to enable our customers constant access to information and product data.
We will remain proactive and update you as necessary. Please monitor our internet website, send us an email or call us with any concerns or questions you may have.
- 3410 Delta Drive
Portage, IN 46368
- [email protected]